Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Moment for Reflection



Here I am past my bedtime, 14 weeks pregnant (or so), four kids with Chicken Pox ( yes, we lucked out to all get it at the same time- from mild to I didn't know that it could look so bad!) and feeling.... so thankful!! I know that in a week or so the dots will be disappearing and I will have my healthy, happy, playful children back. I am so blessed to have four gifts that are so smart, independent and joyful- yes, they are kids, so we have our challenges, but that's part of the package. I am so thankful to have a husband who loves and supports me and the children and, after 11 years, still makes me laugh. He has his priorities in order- God, his family, then the world's demands. I have wonderful friends both near and far that I know that I can call just to say "hi!" or see what's up after minutes, days, months or even years. Friends that, after my miscarriage that left me in bed for a few days, came to get the kids, made us meals (yummy!) and didn't suffocate me with the "What can we do?s" They just made sure that we knew that they loved us and were praying for us. That is what we needed. Ron and I have family that we can always call to ask advice, for a recipe, say hi or just because. We know that they will be there whenever we need them. Life is awesome!

What brought on this moment of reflection? I thought that you would never ask!!!! A friend of a friend lost her little 2 year old daughter last week to cancer. Their story is heart-wrenching but so encouraging. Their faith in our Lord and his promises is unwavering. I cannot even begin to put myself in that mother's shoes- after her months of fighting a battle that nobody can understand. There is comfort in knowing that her little Tuesday is with Jesus and no longer suffering. The family continues to need prayers that God will hold them tight in his strong, loving arms and reassure them and give them peace. It is amazing to see all of the love and support and prayers that this family is receiving and that part of the story makes my heart sing. ( I don't know the direct link to learn more about this family but you can go to my friend's blog www.fontenotkids.blogspot.com and follow the link for the Whitt family). I pray that you all look at your precious children and husbands every day and thank God for what he has given you. That you push aside the challenges of the outside world and wallow in the peace and love that is your family. Be thankful for everyday and create beautiful memories with those that are close to you. Life is so awesome!

5 comments:

  1. So glad that you started a blog. It's really fun and not that time consuming! Your blog is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ora,
    Thanks so much for sharing your blog. It's wonderful to see your little gifts and to hear a bit about what is going on for all of you. Gratitude is a very powerful force, and it is it's own reward.
    Congratulations on your pregnancy! Needless to say, we've been waiting to hear about the next baby since you promised you would have a houseful. :) Can't wait to hear of the new one's arrival.
    All love to you, Candace and Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ora,
    I love your new blog! Hoping the chicken pox go away soon and that the kids are back to themselves...just keep reminding yourself it will pass and you won't ever have to deal with it again!
    love,
    ang

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss you more now! Thanks for sharing your family news and the link to the very touching Whitt blog. Peace to them and your other blog friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes me miss you more too! I am happy to hear you and the family are doing well. I hope you know we are here for you no matter how many miles separates us.

    ReplyDelete