Friday, April 10, 2009

Yummmmmmmy!





Here is a fun and easy special snack for Easter. I will give you the official recipe from March/ April 2007 issue of Children's Ministry Magazine, then I will tell you what I did....

Edible Nests

Crumble 1 1/2 cups of shredded wheat cereal into a mixing bowl. Melt 1 cup chocolate chips in the microwave, then mix the melted chips and cereal. Place two spoonfuls of the mixture into each hole of a cupcake pan. Have kids form the mixture around the hole, leaving an indentation in the middle. Place the nests in the refrigerator to cool for 10 minutes.

Now, I used Chex cereal, cuz that is what I had, and didn't measure. I did initially shape a nest in the cupcake pan but it stuck and broke when I tried to get it out so I put wax paper on top of the pan and pushed a little down in the hole to form. Then stuck them in the freezer for faster cooling. I then passed them out and did the jelly bean story, you know where each color represents something. They are VERY YUMMY!!!! Have fun!

1 comment: