Saturday, May 2, 2009

What a Day!




We started off cleaning house and trying to get all of our winter clothes put away- what a chore! Then, Ron said he had to run out to pick up something for the baby shower, a couple of hours later he returns and the phone rings simultaneously. So, I am upstairs talking on the phone and the kids run up and say that my present is here and it's super cool! I get up, still on the phone with my friend from California, and run face to face with....my friend from California! I was so surprised and thrilled. She is a friend from junior high. She came into town for the baby shower- yeah! The baby shower was amazing....no surprise considering my amazing girlfriend Amy who organized it. The theme was tye-dye so all of kids got to tye-dye shirts, socks, diapers, etc. And, believe it or not, I did not know the theme but wore a tye-dye shirt!! All went wonderfully and, of course, nobody followed the "no gift" rule. Thank you for all of the thoughtful gifts and the rule that no thank you cards were to be distributed. I love that! A few pics are here but I am sure that more will follow! Rita- thanks for the hooter hider! That is so classic. I will be sure to use it at the library!


9 comments:

  1. And remember to share it with your friend Angela next time she is in a hospital waiting room! As you know, we don't hide 'em much over here, but it is nice to be stylish when one does. And it is supporting my friend Claire who is the owner. All good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ora! Now what if the librarian reads that!
    I'm so glad I was able to be at your shower, the kids and I had a blast. The tee shirts were so much fun and I loved your friend from CA. She was awesome.
    p.s. I think the librarian chipped in for that hooter hider!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like such fun. I wish I could have been there. Hope all is well with you and the family. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HOPE THE LIBRARIAN READS THAT!!!!! I am soooo sad that I missed the celebration! Looks like tons of fun was had by all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish we could have been there! Glad it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Ora!
    You won the Inspirational Basket!!!!

    Thank you so much for helping with the Tuesday Blog party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats - you won the girls dress shoes, too. Please reply back with your contact info so I can send them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, realized you may not get comments through e-mail like me. You can e-mail me your contact info at julie9ann@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just send me your address through email:
    debi_bouffard@yahoo.com
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete