This is for you, Rita!
I got up in the morning with mild, inconsistent contractions. We ran errands and did stuff. When we got home, I fell asleep on the couch with my 2 year old on top of me. My midwife called to check on me but I couldn't figure out how to get up! Once I finally managed to get up the contractions kicked in hard enough to stop me in my tracks. This was about 3:15 pm. They still were not very consistent. Ron and I went to an appointment with our tax/ bookkeeper person at 4:00 and I had several contractions that I could not sit through. Around 4:45 we dropped the kids off with Grammy and Papa and came home to have a baby!
My midwife and her assistants arrived a little after 6:00 and my contractions were in full force and coming on like tidal waves. My water broke at 7:09 and Wyat Stephen Averett was born at 7:19 in our home. Yeah! He tried to come out with his hand on his head- which was just slightly uncomfortable- but we managed. He latched without any problems and is just perfect!
We will find out tomorrow how much weight he has gained....He is smiling and sleeping. Hooray! People don't believe he is only 3 weeks old- wearing 3-6 month old clothes.
I will update with pics soon. Grandma and Grandpa are visiting from Florida so I will get some of those pics up! God has really blessed us! Luv to everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Thank you! I have been eager to hear where and how this magical event took place and I am so happy that it went as beautifully as the babies that came before him. Matt greeted me with waving hello on his way out too, so let me tell ya I know that you're downplaying the "slightly uncomfortable" :)
ReplyDelete